Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The new STICK TO YOUR GUNS album "Diamond": now on Sumerian Records

STICK TO YOUR GUNS is more than a band, they have evolved into a movement that focuses on individual self expression, the desire to create a better life for yourself and an emphasis on the importance of family and treating others with respect.
Bursting at the seams with a vibrant energy and overall positivity comes this Orange County sensation, who provide a message of hope and that could serve as the soundtrack to the new hardcore/punk revolution. Visionary Jesse Barnett (vocals) was originally inspired to form a band that would provide him with a medium to project his view points and reflect his musical influences and he continues to do just that to this very day bringing a stable of accomplished musicians on board. STYG blends melody, heaviness, and sincerity into one solid sound that will cater to fans of Comeback Kid, Ignite and Rise Against.
After four full-length albums, a number of worldwide tours and legions of diehard followers the band has come full circle and in 2012 delivers the most important effort of their already stellar career. The much anticipated new album, "Diamond", encompasses what STYG is all about and sees their songwriting develop and mature to ultimately craft their definitive release, which ultimately delivers a message of inspiration that anyone can relate to.
Barnett states: “The new album, Diamond, is an insight to the way we view the world through our eyes. All the good and all the bad. This is an amazing place we live in. There is so much mystery about our existence and it fascinates the hell out of us. The pain people go through, the good that people do and the gods that people are willing to kill and die for. It's all who we are as a whole and its important for us to understand this. What's inside of you is what is happening outside in the world. How we can look at everything thats going on around us and think that we are at a complete disconnect from it, is beyond me.
“We also try to live the words we speak. It's become more and more important to me as we have moved forward through this band's life, that we do the things we are saying. We try to give back any moment we can. This band has become more than just a band for me. I very much try to be the words that I write. I'm not a perfect. I am far from it, but what helps me more than anything is when a kid comes to me and says 'hey man my life was a wreck and I was in a downward spiral and this bands music has picked me up'. This is what helps me because I know what thats like and I have bands that have done the same things for me so to be that band for someone else is an honor.


Check: www.facebook.com/STYGoc 
 www.sumerianrecords.com

No comments:

Post a Comment