Sunday, July 10, 2016

CAPSIZE audio and video singles off the new upcoming album ‘A Reintroduction: The Essence Of All That Surrounds Me’

Post-hardcore quartet CAPSIZE are gearing up to release sophomore album ‘A Reintroduction: The Essence Of All That Surrounds Me’, via Rude Records (worldwide excl. North America) on 22nd July 2016.

Ahead of this, the Southern Californians have unveiled their second new track, ‘I Think It’s Best We Don’t Talk Anymore’ - Listen to the track here https://youtu.be/BJAIWZgU4EY


Vocalist Daniel Wand discusses its meaning, stating "This song is about knowing someone is probably better off without you, but not being able to walk away from it yourself." He continues, "I really like the aggressive energy this song carries without needing to have a defined "heavy part". I pushed myself really hard on this song and it was the first song that I had ever recorded that had more singing than screaming in it, which was a very new and exciting feeling for me and the rest of the band."


With regard to ‘A Reintroduction…’, Wand reveals “For this album, I wanted to write lyrics that I felt like I needed to hear, or would have liked to have heard at certain times in my life that I have only just recently worked through enough to put into words. The title represents what the album does for the band, and me personally. It's a reintroduction of who we are as a band, in reference to the things that have led to this point in my life." ‘A Reintroduction…’sees the quartet, completed by Andrew Tamayo on drums and guitarists Ryan Knowles and Nicolas Lopez, follow up on their well-received debut album ‘The Angst In My Veins’ with a more distinctly post-hardcore sound. Now incorporating clean vocals throughout, their melodies soar; driving levels of intensity and aggression make way for haunting ambience, all the while interspersed with their signature darkness. Recorded in Atlanta, GA at Glow In The Dark Studios with producer Matt McClellan (The Devil Wears Prada, Being As An Ocean), ‘A Reintroduction…’ pushes the band into new musical territory, while remaining true to their roots.

The quartet have also unveiled their latest video single. Featuring Brendan Murphy from Counterparts, the energetic video for track ‘Tear Me Apart’, with vocalist Daniel Wand explaining: "This one goes out to anyone that has ever felt doubted or discouraged by their family or friends, while trying to pursue something that means everything to them." 

No comments:

Post a Comment